<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 04, 2005

Another writing update 

The holiday broke up my writing pattern and it took me a little while to get back into the habit. However, I have finally finished the first draft of chapter eight (this has been my least favourite chapter) which brings me to 36,000 words. That should be halfway through a 70,000 novel. We'll see.

Why was it my least favourite chapter? Perhaps because it has taken so long. Perhaps because I know that the information in it that the protagonist is getting is all misdirection and therefore a waste of her time and therefore of mine. I don't know.

I have another murder scene to write now. They're fun but I have to make sure that no-one looks over my shoulder when I am writing, especially if I do it from the murderers unhinged point of view. "I am going to kill that man" is probably a worrying thing to read in someone else's notebook.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?