<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Christmas 3 and New Year 

For the first time ever, I spent Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. We usually have separate Christmases and then have a special day together but this year I was invited to come along with him. My own family were doing other things so I went.

It must be awful trying to accomodate a complete stranger, let alone meet your brother's boyfriend for the first time but they did spendidly. I felt very welcome and they are lovely people. They even bought me presents! Chocolate is always welcome (see the earlier post about my huge bottom) as was the scarf, which I have worn near enough every day with the onset of the cold weather.

New Year was spent with friends (John and Martin), drink and board games. I've never been a great fan of New Year, to be honest so I'm not keen on large parties and celebrations. Probably my father's fondness for drink was a bit of an influence there as it has been on other large parts of my life.

John and Martin are friends of David's. I like them. They're fun and like coming down to see us every few months or so and go and see a show. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have seen Mary Poppins last year. We saw two shows just before the New Year. The first was Aladdin with Sir Ian McKellern. Very good. Very funny. Very rude. Thank goodness I don't have children. I wouldn't relish explaining some of the jokes.

We also saw Sunday in the Park with George, a play about George Seurat, the Impressionist painter. I can't describe it adequately - there are plenty of reviews on the Internet, go and look for yourself. Nor can I tell you why I and David and Martin were all close to tears at the end. I'm not afraid to give anything away ... I just can't say why it had that effect on me. It was just extremely moving.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?