<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Is honesty the best policy? 

Yesterday, a colleague of mine who shall remain nameless, came into the office whistling and then stopped to ask if anyone found it irritating. Perhaps I shouldn't but I just answered with one word: "Yes".

As regular readers (!) know, there are one or two things that push my buttons. If someone asked me to write a list of the things that irritate me, I'd still be writing it a week later. However, somewhere near the top of the list, below women applying make-up on trains, people eating or chewing noisily and women wearing too much perfume would be people whistling.

Why? I don't know. I always have hated it. I especially hate old men who stand in queues in the post office whistling vibrato like it was something clever or that they were brightening the world with their musical talent.

It's the same as singing under their breath or, Saints preserve us, clicking their fingers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?