<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Computers 

I have worked with these things for just about 25 years. I have used a variety of systems, programming languages, hardware.

Today I have been trying to add some images to a program. They are simple images, buttons of a sort. I construct the images as a GIF and then import them into VB6 (yes, I know VB.NET is a lot better but this is an old program so get off my back!).

There's a white border where there shouldn't be one. Make background transparent. Now I have a blue border. Change settings. Border gone and so has grey centre. And so on.

In the words of the nuns in The Sound of Music:
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?


We'd be a lot better off with pen and paper!

Comments:
Maybe, but the spell-checking facility with pen and paper is decidedly limited!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?