<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 27, 2006

Scales 

I hate bathroom scales. Not just because they lie like evil little lying things but because the technology behind them is intrinsically flawed. Most bathroom scales are based on springs or some sort of pizoelectric effect. They can be very precise but not very accurate.

I have, for a long time, wanted a set of scales like you used to get in chemists' shops (American = "Pharmacist"). You know the type, they were based on a balance, one of the simplest machines you could make.

Thanks to eBay, I found a set and collected them from Leicester at the weekend. According to them, I'm 14s 12lb (208 pounds). 3lbs heavier than my bathroom scales but significantly lighter than on Stephen and James's scales.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?