<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dejeuner 15/4/2006 

The food in Paris is beyond compare. We went to L’Auberge de la Reine Blanche on the Ile St-Louis. The food was gorgeous although the restaurant was very quiet. This meant we were served very quickly.

David and I often play a game when we are out where we try to tell each other if we have seen some other gay men. Four men arrived last night in a group and I immediately told David that I could not see their piano. It was funny at the time.

On the way to the restaurant we went past Notre Dame where a service was about to commence. I always feel vaguely uncomfortable at such times. I am not Catholic, nor religious in the formal sense, but I respect the faith of others. I don’t feel it is right to watch a service when it means nothing to me or to take photos as if it were some spectacular arranged for the benefit of the tourists. It isn’t. It is part of someone’s faith and, as such, a private matter. I should not be there, nor David and especially not the little Japanese woman getting in the way of the group of priests as they were trying to get into the cathedral and she was trying to get a better view.

We were knackered when we got back to the hotel and fell asleep almost immediately. Little wonder. According to my pedometer I’d walked over 23,000 steps, roughly twice what I would normally cover in a working day.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?