<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 07, 2006

Health 

I rang for my results yesterday. They were a bit mixed to say the least.

My haemoglobin levels (13.4) were a bit low. The low end of the "normal" range is 13.5. I should eat more red meat apparently. I'll give it a try. It doesn't form a great part of my diet at the moment.

My ESR levels were also a little low which indicates that I have had some sort of infection but, as my white cell count is okay, I don't have it now. ESR is a measure of the red in the blood, I think. I looked it up yesterday but have forgotten it now.

My cholesterol levels were a little high but I hadn't been fasting before the blood was taken so that isn't a surprise and I had a test a little while ago which was okay.

So no conclusions there. They want me to go back in a month to see what's going on.

I bought myself half of Boots selection of dietary supplements yesterday so I'm now taking vitamins B & C, zinc, magnesium, selenium and ginseng. I should be rattling now.

Yesterday afternoon was fraught with frustration at work and I was immensely tired so I bought a chocolate bar and Lucozade on the way home and David and I had fish and chips last night. Small wonder that I weighed 14s 11.5lbs this morning.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?