<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

McAfee and email 

In case anyone reads this because they are thinking of using McAfee's Spamkiller product - don't.

As you know, I upgraded my McAfee Internet Security Suite recently. Part of this upgrade was Spamkiller, something I hadn't used or had need to use because my email client, Eudora, was really good at identifying spam.

Anyhow, for the past week or so, I've been noticing that emails haven't arrived at home even though I could see them on my mail server. It was almost as if there was something between the server and the client interfering with my emails.

On a hunch I did a bit of research on Spamkiller (the McAfee upgrade was the most recent thing to change) and found that it intercepts email before it reaches the client. I thought this suspicious and uninstalled it.

Things seem a lot better now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?