<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Weight a minute ... 

Yes, yes. Another post where I whinge about my weight again.

The thing is, I haven't been to the gym for going on four months now and I wasn't going that often before. It shows. Over the last 18 months I have put on a stone and a half in weight. That's 21 lbs for my American readers and 9.5 kilos for the more metrically inclined.

I'm not worried about this for aesthetic reasons. Yes, it would be nice to be lean and trim with a six-pack, muscular chest and huge shoulders but I am 42. To convert what I have now into what I would like to have would take an awful lot of hard work and determination. I am too lazy for that.

I am worried about the health implications. I have mentioned before that both my father and grandfather died of heart problems. I don't want to follow them down the same road.

So I am going to start recording a few things again. Sorry to be boring ...

Today I weighed 15s 4lb. My blood pressure was 134/81 and my pulse 76 bpm. Yesterday I walked 11,163 steps; my only exercise for the time being.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?