<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Speaking 

Why is it that I have such hopeless social skills? Why, when faced with a group of people, I choose to move away? Why do I have to wait for someone to approach me?

The meeting has broken for lunch. Groups have formed and people are talking. I came back in to write this rather than try to insert myself into a group.

I have talked with some of these people on a one-to-one basis. I am on nodding terms with many of them but I cannot bring myself to dive into a chat with them. Perhaps it is because they are talking about aneurisms or the way the review is going. Both are of interest to me but I'd rather talk about something else.

It's not just these situations. In social groups I always let other people talk and I just listen. Sometimes I think I am getting better at this but then I get days like this.

We have a dinner tonight. Oh dear.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?