<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Traffic 

I should be in Cologne at an HL7 conference but I'm not. Instead, I am back in the office in London.

I got held up in perfectly static traffic on the way to the airport this morning and completely missed my plane. I have never done this before and don't plan to do it again. I phoned my boss, who was already out there, and we decided that the best option was for me to give up on the whole idea and go back to the office.

Four lessons learned:
1. No matter how early I leave for the airport, I need to leave earlier.
2. Never go for an early morning plane.
3. Heathrow is always a bad idea and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.
4. If I have to go to Heathrow, I should most definitely not drive. I can then, at least, blame someone else and, more importantly, be able to go to the loo.

However, the world has not come to an end and I have managed to do some useful work today for a change.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?