<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 22, 2007

Chastity Ring 

There is a story in the news today about a girl in trouble with her school for wearing something called, by some, a purity ring and, by others, a chastity ring.

That term did unfortunately, completely skew my perception of the entire issue. I had completely the wrong idea and thought that the item of jewellery in question was worn in a rather more intimate place. Don't ask me how, don't tell me how and, please, don't send me any diagrams.

With that in mind, you should be able to see why I think I found this the most alarming sentence:
Teachers at the Millais School, a girls school in Horsham, West Sussex, asked her to remove the ring as it was an item of jewellery and because it could cause physical injury to others.

Comments:
Thank goodness I'm not alone - I also initially assumed that a chastity ring would be placed somewhere rather more personal than on a finger. I'm clearly getting rather confused with chastity belts, etc.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?