<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 22, 2007

Chastity Ring 

There is a story in the news today about a girl in trouble with her school for wearing something called, by some, a purity ring and, by others, a chastity ring.

That term did unfortunately, completely skew my perception of the entire issue. I had completely the wrong idea and thought that the item of jewellery in question was worn in a rather more intimate place. Don't ask me how, don't tell me how and, please, don't send me any diagrams.

With that in mind, you should be able to see why I think I found this the most alarming sentence:
Teachers at the Millais School, a girls school in Horsham, West Sussex, asked her to remove the ring as it was an item of jewellery and because it could cause physical injury to others.

Links to this post
Comments:
Thank goodness I'm not alone - I also initially assumed that a chastity ring would be placed somewhere rather more personal than on a finger. I'm clearly getting rather confused with chastity belts, etc.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?