<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 03, 2007

That's not beef! 

Either because of a badly cooked egg in New York (more on NYC later) or an egg sandwich I had when I got home ("Eggs never go off," I said), I have had a bout of food poisoning since Friday. I'm over the worst but I'm still not feeling entirely right.

The vomiting and diarrhea aside, the horrible thing about it is that some things don't taste right. About one of the only things I could face on Saturday was beef and vegetable soup but that tasted more like shoe polish than beef. So did the stew I had later although the dumplings tasted OK.

Now that I am feeling somewhat better, it's a sort of treat to be able to anticipate the taste of something, bite into it and then taste what you expected. Bananas, I am glad to report, are just fine.

Losing my appetite, another side-effect, can only be seen as a good thing.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?