<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dave 

I saw Dave, my brother-in-law, today for the first time in months. He was admitted to hospital just after Christmas to have one of his kidneys removed. It was cancerous.

He has been in hospital ever since recovering from the surgery, from infections and now, it seems, from a resurgence of the very aggressive cancer that put him in hospital in the first place.

I like my brother-in-law. He is a nice bloke who would do anything for anyone and always puts other people first.

Even today, having fallen asleep because he had been awake half the night with pain, he was apologising for nodding off. As my sister-in-law and I left, he was saying he hoped my brother's stomach was better.

I feel very upset now. Probably for him but mainly for my sister. It is obvious how much she loves him and how devastated she will be if she loses him.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?