<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 05, 2008

Bloody glasses! 

In Buxton during the Gilbert and Sullivan Festival, in the middle of a show, the lens fell out of my glasses because a crucial screw had worked its way out. I had them repaired the following day and everything was hunky-dory.

Last night, just before going to a BBC Prom at the Albert Hall, I gave my glasses a clean and, guess what?, the lens fell out again. Again a screw had gone missing. I had the choice of watching the Prom either without glasses (bright and blurry) or with my prescription sunglasses (sharp but dark and I look stupid).

I'm not bothering to get the glasses repaired. I think it's intrinsic to the design and the screw will continue to fall out until the end of time.

Today, I am wearing my contact lenses and have my other pair of glasses with me but I will have to buy a new pair. However, I'm not buying from one of those cheap places again. The last pair were from Vision Express or SpecSavers (they are unfortunately interchangeable to me) and I can't say I have ever been impressed with their level of service.

The only other nearest opticians is the 2020 Optical Store in Tottenham Court Road. Good products, good service but bloody expensive.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?