<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reunion 2008 

Every year for the last few years I have been invited to the Moody's Alumni Reception. I used to work for Moody's over seven years ago. I've changed a lot since then and so has the company. I'm not even sure they are called Moody's any more.

I don't always go to these receptions. Most of the people who normally go are from other offices and departments and have built their careers around finance and risk ratings. I have as much in common with them as a dog has with a reindeer. However, on the price of listening to a speech, I sometimes go along for the free food and a present.

Last year, I ended up going on my own and, although I spoke to some people I knew vaguely and one or two complete strangers in the same position as myself, I felt very out of place.

I didn't want to do that again.

This year, a friend and ex-colleague, Claire and I decided to go together. We had  the idea that we would at least be able to talk to each other. When we got there, however, two other former colleagues turned up. One who still works there and another who left earlier this year.

So, with pleasant company, an exceedingly short speech and surprisingly good food, it turned out to be a nice evening. I might even go again next year.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?